Saturday 16 May 2015

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Toner, Moisturising Lotion, Targeted Spot Treatment and Pore Refining Scrub

Putting bees and sustainability at the forefront of skincare, Burt's Bees is a sponsor to the British Bee Keeper's Association and founder The Greater Good FoundationBurt's Bees helps to both protect the bees and the environment, with packaging made from recyclable materials and recyclable themselves, leaving a low environmental footprint and responsibly sourcing their ingredients, all the products in the Anti-Blemish Solutions range are 99.4-100% organic. 

Another haul. Okay, I'm insatiable, we know this. But this is a mini-haul (excuses, excuses). The only purchase I neglected from this haul was the Purifying Daily Cleanser. Not to deter, while it is 99.4% natural, it includes phenoxyethanol (chemical preservative) and lauryl glucoside (surfactant), ingredients which I don't usually take kindly to in my cleansers (but the reviews do seem positive so it may still be worth considering).


Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Toner

I love using toners, and this is no exception. While it contains salicylic acid, witch hazel and alcohol denat, it is not at all overly acidic or tingly, in fact, it can't be felt at all on my sensitive skin. It's a fairly runny liquid. Yes, yes, it's a liquid, it runs, but this is super runny, so you'll want to use it with a fairly thick cotton pad. It is lovely and cool on the skin, and sweeps away any dirt or residue without issue. 

This product helps to tone and clarify the skin. I look much clearer and much, much brighter after using this toner. It helps to balance my complexion. I'm not as red in all the wrong places and I'm not as dull all-over. 

In terms of its anti-blemish properties, I don't feel like it's quite enough. It's brilliant as a toner, but it's not enough for blemishes. While it does contribute to keeping me clear, it isn't powerful enough, making it quite a slow burner. 

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Toner is 99.5% natural and is priced at £9.99 for 145ML. 


Anti-Blemish Solutions Moisturising Lotion

I have been desperate to use an anti-blemish moisturiser for a while. Unfortunately, this one didn't deliver exactly how I wanted it to. I don't want to be super neg towards this product but it's just a little too heavy. But heavy in a greasy way. Heavy can be nice, it makes my face feel heavenly well moisturised and nourished, which is exactly what this product achieves. After a few hours though, I'll start to get greasy. In a slick way. 

Its consistency is, yet again, a little too runny. Which leads to it making me greasy. Ideally, I need more of an emulsifying moisturiser, so this is just not suitable for me needs. However, it is more suitable to my neck where my skin is normal - yet varr blemish-prone

On a better note, it does help to reduce blemishes. It is both soothing and anti-inflammatory. It does feel nice to wear, I just wishwishwish it didn't make me greasy. Can't I ever have it both ways?

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Moisturising Lotion is 100% natural and is priced at £14.99 for 55G.


Anti-Blemish Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment

This is the staple in the range. I love how effective this product is! It is a miniature solution that takes big effect. As mentioned, my blemishes are primarily on my neck so I pour a few drops into the palm of my hand and slap it straight onto my neck, kind of like I'm applying aftershave. But you have to work super quick with the product, as it will dry in your palm almost immediately. 

This product does dry on the skin without leaving a trace. Yes it doesn't dry the skin. It works quickly to reduce blemishes, so quickly that within 12hrs I noticed a difference and with continued use my skin remains calm and clear. 

Unfortunately, the application of this product is all kinds of wrong. You have to tip the glass bottle upside down and it will come running out of the top. As as a targeted treatment, you aren't given much control when wanting to target a blemish. Which is why I have to put it in my palm and slap it onto my skin. Once more, it's another overly runny product, meaning you'll want to be super precise. 

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment is 100% natural and is priced at £9.99 for 7.5ML. 


Anti-Blemish Solutions Pore Refining Scrub

Exfoliation is one of my all-time favourite skincare things. Nothing makes me feel clearer than sloughing off all dead cells in the gentlest way possible. And this products delivers on that front. I use this every-other-day, taking a portion the size of one digit and massaging it softly into my cheeks, chin and forehead - the areas where my pores are of more concern. It features jojoba beads for exfoliation, which are super tiny making them super gentle to use. 

It is soft, so soft in fact, that I'm never left feeling dry or tight after use. In fact, my skin is left feeling pretty well nourished. It exfoliates in a really good way. My skin feels so clear after use, smooth and absolutely not irritated. 

In terms of pore refining, that doesn't really mean much. The focus of the product is to smooth skin - which is successfully does - and to exfoliate - which it also successfully does.

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Pore Refining Scrub is 100% natural and priced at £9.99 for 110G. 

I do like these products. Nothing in this range is irritating, everything is soothing and everything has its benefits. Both the Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Toner and the Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Moisturising Lotion both scored Effect, don't repurchase. While they are effective at what the do in terms of toning and moisturising, they are not effective enough at reducing blemishes. The Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment scored Essential. I love this product, and it has become a staple in my skincare regime. It's quick-working and effective without leaving any irritation. Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Pore Refining Scrub scored Effective, repurchase. While I enjoy using this product, I will still be looking for other solutions, which focus more on combating blackheads and minimising pores.

All products featured here can be purchased from Burt's Bees.

No comments :

Post a Comment