Monday 25 May 2015

Travel Essentials, Travelling Light and Travelling Face First

I recently spent 3 nights in Barcelona (amazing city, I will definitely be back), and I always like to pack light. When flying, I always try and take the bare essentials, to keep my luggage as hand luggage only. This means I'm restricted to an impossible 10 liquids and usually a 10KG case. 

I'm going to ignore the very everyday essentials with this post (deodorant, toothpaste), I'm human, obviously I took these. I'll also be avoiding SPF to cover this in a later post. As someone who wears very minimal make-up (eyes, eyebrows. occ. lips), I fortunately don't have to carry all that much on-board. As a psoriasis sufferer, there are also a few products here to help calm dry and chaffed skin. 


Liquids

I only managed to squeeze 9/10 liquids into the miniature 20cm x 20cm clear plastic bag. As I own a gargantuan skincare collection, it's very difficult to dwindle down to just 10 candidates (who could even?). So the focus here is on staying clean and staying hydrated. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] This little tube of anti-blemish magic has been a godsend for me. It's main purpose is to combat blemishes, unclog pores and refine skin texture. It does exactly that. But it also doubles up as a moisturiser. It's fairly thick-feeling on the face. But I couldn't live without it. It has helped to clear my skin, remove damage and scarring and keep me hydrated throughout the day. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] is available from Boots for £11.62 / 40ML.

Lanolips Golden Ointment This multi-purpose product is ideal for covering all bases. It is a fairly thick, creamy balm, but I love the sensation of massaging it into my skin. I primarily use it as an eye cream, specifically in the outer corner of my eyes where the skin can feel a little tight. It leaves my eyes feeling relaxed and well nourished all day and I was so thankful for this after a full day of squinting and sightseeing. Lanolips Golden Ointment is available from Boots for £17.99 / 50G.

PapayaGold Paw Paw Moisturising Balm Yet another multi-purpose balm, but I use this for an entirely different purpose. This product is dreamily light. It's weightless on skin but feels instantly nourishing. I adopted this to my make-up routine, as opposed to my skincare. It's fantastic as an eyebrow wax, to hold back stray hairs, and doubles up wonderfully as an eyebrow highlighter when massaged sparingly under the brow arch. PapayaGold PAW PAW Moisturising Balm can be purchased from Boots for £5.99 / 25G

Salcura Zeoderm Skin Repair Moisturiser I very unfortunately suffer with psoriasis, primarily around my elbows which can becomes insanely dry, flaky and therefore uncomfortable. This product is perfect at keeping any irritation at bay all day long. I only need to apply one in the AM and again in the PM to reap its benefits. While it does sting ever so slightly when first applied, that discomfort shortly disappears and I'm left in love with how moisturised my skin feels. Salcura Zeoderm Skin Repair Moisturiser can be purchased from Boots for £8.99 / 50ML.

KIKO Volumeyes Plus Active Mascara This is one of the only mascaras I've used that doesn't come with a helping of lash clumping. I get perfect divisions and length with this mascara in a perfectly natural looking way. I adore the shape of the wand. It makes it so easy to apply, I can alter its angle easy enough without reapplying to areas I've already covered or accidentally touching skin. It also features voluminous technology to help your lashes grow. Mine are far more thicker since using this. KIKO Volumeyes Plus Active Mascara can be purchased from the KIKO MILANO store for £7.99 / 11ML.

LUSH Vanillary Solid Perfume I cannot get enough of the way this smells. I'm already a big lover of all things vanilla, but this just takes the bacon. It comes in a small tin and you simply rub your finger around the balm a little then transfer it to your skin. I like to place it just under my ears and on my wrists. LUSH Vanillary Solid Perfume can be purchased from LUSH for £7.99 / 12G (the single product in only available in-store and the link will direct you to the gift box containing the entire Vanillary range). 


Non-Liquids

The non-liquids cover mostly cleansers, hair and body products. I decided to opt for solid cleansers that need to be activated with water (to cut down on my liquids but also because I find them much more clarifying). I also subscribed to using LUSH's Shampoo Bars, which are essentially a solid shampoo and conditioner, or, if you like, a soap for your hair.

LUSH Let the Good Times Roll This is a fairly gentle exfoliating cleanser. It's already relatively moist, but I add water to it to make it extra gentle. It has very fine grains in it to help remove surface build-up. My skin feels lovely and clean after applying this product. And of course, there's the scent. Containing popcorn, it smells exactly that way. LUSH Let the Good Times Roll can be purchased from LUSH for £6.75 / 100G.

Pure Chimp Super Cleanser My skin has never been softer since using this product. Yet another cleanser that is activated with water, this turns into a very creamy paste which I love to massage into my skin. My skin has become super smooth to touch since using it, that I can no longer live without it. A delicious banana-y scent that it wonderful to wake up and fall asleep to. Pure Chimp Super Cleanser can be purchased from Pure Chimp for £11.95 / 80G.

LUSH Ultrabalm Yet another multi-purpose balm, because, why not? Full disclosure. I use this as a nipple cream. But it's also great for any areas that are dry, particularly nostrils and feet. It has a very, very fine sugary feel to it, so it takes away any damaged skin while keeping the areas nourished and well moisturised. LUSH Ultrabalm can be purchased from LUSH for £8.95 / 45G.

LUSH Trichomania As a solid shampoo, you simply rub this bar directly onto your scalp as though it were a bar of soap. It does create a nice lather which I then massage into the rest of my hair. It smells wonderful and it nicely hydrating, keeping my hair in good condition without making it oily. LUSH Trichomania can be purchased from LUSH for £5.75 / 100G.

LUSH Big Solid Conditioner As a solid conditioner, this product can either be directly applied to the hair (same as above), or broken off and rubbed in. I like to rub this product in to make sure I get a real deep condition. It makes my hair feel wonderfully soft and light, while adding a slight beach-y and tousled look. LUSH Big Solid Conditioner can be purchased from LUSH for £9.00 / 100G.

LUSH Porridge Porridge is a wonderful and delicious thing I can never grow tired of (both the soap and the super food). The little bar of soap contains actual porridge oats which help to exfoliate the skin. I don't bother using a cloth with this, I just apply it directly and find it becomes really thick and creamy on skin. The oats are super gentle and cause no irritation but effectively help exfoliate. LUSH Porridge can be purchased from LUSH for £3.10 / 100G.


No comments :

Post a Comment