Sunday 25 October 2015

Completing My Balm Balm Frankincense Collection

Balm Balm are a brand that soared from who? to hero for me, and the Balm Balm Frankincense Range is the forerunner of it all. It all started with one little drop of the Balm Balm Frankincense Light Facial Oil (reviewed here), and I was hooked. I've finally completed this delightful Balm Balm Frankincense Trio and each and every product has a made a very welcome and permanent fixture in my skincare routine. 

Taking frankincense essential oils as the active ingredients, this trio is packed with skin rejuvenating benefits, particularly those of the anti-inflammatory variety. The frankincense featured in the Balm Frankincense Range is extracted from the boswellia neglecta and boswellia carteri (of the boswellia genus), by taking a component of the resin that is produced by the tree. All natural goodness, baby.

The Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm and the Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol Soothing Facial Tonic have been nurturing, revitalising and invigorating. My skin is hydrated, balanced and controlled. This range provides a truly luxurious skincare experience at a remarkably affordable price tag.

Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm

While I may have sold my soul to removing my make-up with oil cleansers, balms make for sort of their incognito counterpart. The Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm is more like a creamed balm. It is delightfully soft and gorgeously whipped. When activated, it melts into the most delicate oil, that feels truly divine on my skin. It's warm, it's comforting, it's superb.
This makes for one super effective make-up remover. My face and eye make-up is instantly melted away and easy removed with out any irritation or that nasty eye stinging. As water and oil don't mix, this is something that needs to be removed with a cleansing cloth. But that's perfect, as it effectively removes all the product and helps to stimulate circulation.

The Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm leaves my skin in a very nourished condition after use. My skin feels super hydrated and balanced, with a clearer and more even complexion. It also makes for lusciously soft skin too, my delicate skin feels completely revitalised. Effective, repurchase.

The Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm can be purchased from LoveLula for £7.99 / 30ML. Alternatively, a larger value size (£15.50 / 60ML) is available here.

Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol Soothing Facial Tonic

Now, the Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol Soothing Facial Tonic, this, this has to be one of my all-time favourites. As a by-product of the steam distillation of frankincense essential oil, this tonic is revitalising, hydrating and soothing. Used as a toning mist, 1-3 spritz of this liquid gold provides instant hydration and nourishment.
This is a very lightweight toner that is easily absorbed. From the first spritz, skin feels hydrated and it helps to immediately balance out my complexion. You know what, it's also a superstar with aiding oil control. While I don't think this is the intended benefit of the product, it's a very happy side-effect. 

I can either use this where I would use a typical toner in my routine, or I can use this post-make-up application, to help set my make-up. That's right, if I use this after I've applied my make-up I get incredible oil and shine control. My skin is supported and nourished through the day, providing essential hydration and unmatched oil control. Essential.

The Balm Balm Frankincense Hydrosol Soothing Facial Tonic can be purchased from LoveLula for £7.99 / 30ML. Alternatively, a larger value size (£15.50 / 100ML) is available here.

The Balm Balm Frankincense Range is unequivocally an all-time favourite. Every product in the trio is one I've fallen heels over head for. I'm planning to repurchase all three of the frankincense delights and use them as part of a 1, 2, 3 step routine.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the fragrance of frankincense, it's gorgeously aromatic, a little sweet and a little botanical, but, most of all, utterly luxurious. 

No comments :

Post a Comment