Thursday 12 February 2015

Bare Some

I have been plagued with terrible skin for as far back as I can remember and in as many unappealing forms as are available. From subsurface blackheads, mirror-like shine to flaky psoriasis, you name it, my skin has been there and bought the t-shirt. And I still suffer through a lot of these issues today.

I had never really taken to doing anything about my qualms. I only started to wear make-up 18 months ago (but does an eyebrow pencil and mascara really even count for all that much?), which is when I endeavoured to target all the problem areas of my face.

I am unfortunate enough to have some alarmingly visible concerns - and without letting a little self-bias take the wheel - are far greater than anyone else I have ever encountered.

A major clincher for me currently is my skin type, which takes three marco forms: oil, grease and shine. And as a subset of this, three micro forms: oversized pores, blackheads and an uneven skin tone. While it is easy to disclose these issues, their gravity is far more difficult to convey. This is taking a rotten effect on my self-esteem. It's become a stress, a worry, a demand for attention. I can squash these taunts with lotions and serums and balms and any other over-typed temporary fix that gets shoved into my Google search, but I can't find the kill switch. There must be a kill switch, right? Right.

I'm going to find one.

From my perspective, trailing the best rated, the over-hyped, the underdogs and anything with the buzzwords matte-finish, shine-free and oil-absorbing slapped across the label is my only futile hope to finally kick this thing into oblivion. It may work or may not work for me and it may work or may not work for you.

This isn't an overnight affair, I'm in this for the long haul. I can't be quick to disregard - though I'm prone to do so if I don't observe immediate results. Some products help over time. Some products are only designed for a temporary fix. Some products are just plain useless. But I can't discover that without benefit of the doubt, patience and will power.

So bring it on cosmetics, show me what you've got!

No comments :

Post a Comment