Tuesday 24 March 2015

Lush: Cupcake

Product: CUPCAKE FRESH FACE MASK
Brand: LUSH
Price: £6.50 / 75G
Category: OIL CONTROL, ACNE TREATMENT
Type: FACE MASK
URL: https://www.lush.co.uk/products/cupcake
Score: AVOID

We're back to that age old question. Face masks: why? Bad, bad, bad.



Lush like you to keep their face masks in the fridge and I dig that, but that also brings with it a super short shelf life. Check your labels. You will have anywhere between 3-4 weeks to smear what you can of this product onto your face 1-2 times a week. I forced myself through 6 applications of this product before deciding enough is enough.

This mask brought with it some very in-your-face, on-my-face spots, which were far from discrete and everywhere. Okay, that's being dramatic. It gave me 2-5 very red, very large spots along my cheeks and forehead that just would not budge. This was the consistent result after every application. 

Contrary to those points, I did feel like my face had an overall clarity to it. Both my skin and pores felt clearer, fresher and cleansed. It is a joy to use; super soft and non-abrasive. It did not clench up like other masks, it remained creamy and melted away with water. 



I'm not even entirely a big fan of the smell. It isn't your traditional scent of chocolate or cake. It strangely seems almost artificial. While it's bearable, it does detract from the luxury. 

With all that being said, I just can't use this product. There was no quantifiable reduction in oil production and there was a sudden increase in stubborn break outs. The exact opposite of what this product is telling me it will do. 

I've never known a product to bring on spots the way this did. And consistently so. 

No comments :

Post a Comment