Wednesday 23 September 2015

#MissionEmpties: The Results Have Been Counted and Verified

#MissionEmpties has now come to a close, and I do not regret, not for a single second, taking part in this challenge, in fact, I'm all the better for it. My cupboards are (very nearly) empty, my face is looking just stellar and my consumer habits have switched onto a new way of purchasing. Visa card makes audible sigh of relief.
It has been a tough month, to accommodate these products into my daily routine, to try and use products that weren't entirely effective, or quite frankly, just dreadful. But for the most part, I have used some superb and wonderful products that I intend to repurchase or feature as a solid staple in my usual skincare, bodycare and haircare routines.

While I didn't manage to cross everything off this list, let's be honest, I gave it a good run for its money, right? Alongside the products in my original pledge, I did manage to empty some additional products, as listed in the Additional Empties category. Let's marvel, shall we?

Skincare

  1. Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash
  2. Bee Good Honey & Propolis 2-in-1 Cream Cleanser (x2)
  3. Bee Good Honey & Wild Flax Daily Moisturiser
  4. Benefit the POREfessional
  5. Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub
  6. Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover
  7. Clarins Ultra-Matte Rebalancing Lotion
  8. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
  9. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm
  10. JOIK Deep Cleansing Facial Oil
  11. La Roche-Posay Effeclar Duo
  12. Lovea Purifying Pink Clay Face Mask
  13. LUSH Enzymion
  14. LUSH Honey Trap
  15. LUSH Imperialis
  16. LUSH Tea Tree Water
  17. Lyonsleaf Natural Beauty Balm
  18. Mádara Brightening AHA Peel Mask
  19. Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil
  20. Mario Badesku Silver Powder
  21. Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum
  22. Origins Super Spot Remover
  23. Origins United State Balancing Tonic
  24. Pure Chimp Super Face Cream
  25. Pure Chimp Super One (Natural Face Oil)
  26. REN Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot
  27. Skin & Tonic London Calm Balm
  28. Skin Food Black Sugar Mask
  29. The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lips Make-Up Remover
  30. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
  31. Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream
  32. Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Face Mask
  33. Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturiser

Bodycare

Haircare

  1. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray
  2. Human + Kind Conditioner (Orange)
  3. LUSH Shine So Bright
  4. Macadamia Nourishing Leave-in Cream

Additional Empties

  1. A'kin Macadamia & Wheat Protein Conditioner
  2. Andrea Garland Rose and Ginseng Revitalising Toner
  3. Andrea Garland Face Cream With Lavender and Rosehip
  4. Balm Balm Frankincense Light Facial Oil
  5. Balm Balm Tea Tree Organic Lip Balm
  6. Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint 3-in-1 Cleansing Water
  7. Bee Good Honey, Borage & Echium Intensive Hand Repair
  8. Herbacín Wuta Kamille + Glycerine Hand Cream
  9. Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead Cleansing Sugar Scrub
  10. John Masters Organics Spearmint & Meadowsweet Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
  11. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+]
  12. Lanolips Triply Buttermilk Body Balm
  13. LUSH Curly Wurly Coconut Shampoo
  14. Moss Skincare Clear Resolution Balancing Facial Oil
  15. Our Tiny Bees Über Balm
  16. The Natural Deodorant Co. Clean Deodorant Balm
  17. The Oxford Honey Company Beeswax Foot Cream
  18. Skin & Tonic London Brit Beauty Oil

For those of you who like statistics (who doesn't, right?), let's crunch some numbers, in the name of interest:
  • Of the 48 products from my initial pledge, I managed to empty 39 products, making that a shortfall of only 9 products.
  • I managed to empty an additional 18 products, making that a grand total of 66 products emptied.
  • #MissionEmpties ran for a total of 31 days, making that an average burn rate of 2.13 products emptied per day.
  • Of the 66 products I used, 7 of them I rated Essential.
  • Of the 66 products I used, 15 of them I rated Effective, repurchase.
  • Of the 66 products I used, 19 of them I rated Effective, don't repurchase.
  • Of the 66 products I used, of them I rated Ineffective.
  • Of the 66 products I used, of them I rated Not Suitable.
  • Of the 66 products I used, of them I rated Avoid.
  • The total value of all 66 products I used comes to £724.66. That statistic actually makes me feel a little queasy...
  • That's an average spend of £10.98 per product. 

To catch-up on how I did through #MissionEmpties, or to read the miniature reviews of each products, you can be accessed here:
There's still work to be done, products to be emptied, and @hiddenharmonyworld has already made plans for a future #MissionEmpties Challenge (let's be honest, I need it). Make sure you take part, the more the merrier!

No comments :

Post a Comment